Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do you want to be my friend?

Ciao a tutti!

So...I am doing a mini update. Lucky for all of you loyal readers! But today was just too good to not blog about. Plus, I'm procrastinating homework.

So art history was...well, history. Then I was able to take a quick nap before Italian because the internet was of course not working. Off to Italian! But class today was very different than the usual routine. Instead of meeting in the classroom, we met at Palazzo dell Repubblica. Why? To interview randos on the streets of Florence! At first, the idea of trying to speak my maccaroni Italian to professionals was horrifying. However, it wasn't so bad after all. I was in a group with Kaila and Kayla. The three of us interview our three people right away, even though they weren't Italians (they were actually Brazilian and simply in Florence for vacation...oops). With a half hour left, Serena had us interview more individuals. The fifth man we interview was a sweetheart. His name was Unberto and he was around seventy years old. He spoke very quickly in Italian, even though we told him we only speak a little bit. He was nice enough. He was a lawyer (un avvocato, NOT an avocado, whoops).

Anyways, with Italian over, I thought it worthwhile to check my mailbox and good thing! I FINALLY GOT A PACKAGE!! I handed my slip of paper over to KMat and said "Where is it!?" She laughed and replied, "Don't worry, I already ate all of the candy out of it..." What a joker. Anways, I got back to the apartment, tore the box open (not really, but kind of) and was so incredibly happy with the contents: Fantastic Mr. Fox & a wonderfully sweet letter. I am lucky.


So after showing some roomies how wonderful my package was (hehe), Alessandro dropped by the apartment with the Internet Man - FINALLY! The Internet Man did his internetting and Alessandro asked us about our weekend in Amsterdam. A funny little exchange. Eventually the IM said everything was fixed and we had internet even in our rooms! Success!! It only took 6 weeks. At least we have it now.

Afterwards, Amanda and I went on a walk to the grocery store. Afterwards, we came back and vegged. Soon enough, it was dinnertime, so Rachel, Kristie-the-birthday-girl, and I picked up some pizza pies. Kristie's did not look appetizing at all, so the two of us made a second dinner run to La Spada, a fantastic place right around the corner. Kristie ordered her penne and while we waited, the most incredible thing happened. A man just strolled right into the restaurant, greeting everyone, slapping backs, and smiling. Then he brought back out a bottle of wine and wine glasses for the customers waiting in line. He offered it to Kristie - who politely declined - and then to myself - who also declined. Wait...what? Me? Turning down wine? After a slight impairment of my better judgement, I said yes to the nice man with wine and he poured me a glass while we waited for Kristie's food. Free wine just for waiting. BEST DAY EVER. I don't know who you are, but man in the tan coat...grazie mille!

So now after a couple skype dates and a pot of espresso later, I am finally ready to begin my homework. It's only 12:30...the night is young.


Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment