Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Never Have I Ever.

Rewind. Yesterday.

I had class at 9am and that was certainly a struggle. I had my nutella toast for breakfast and then made it to my Art of Florence (art history class). The teacher is pleasant but I'm not a big art buff, but while I'm in Florence I want to learn everything about my surroundings so I feel like this class will be beneficial. We have class only on Tuesdays and then Thursdays we travel to museums around Florence. I actually really looking forward to museums. Nerd? Maybe.

Then I spoke with Caterina about switching my Italian class to avoid crying every day and she was happy to help. I got switched in Serena's Italian from 12:30 to 1:30 and now I have back-to-back classes (and in one case, three in a row).

Just my classroom, nbd.


Diana came back on our break to see The Cave. Then off to my new Italian class. Kaila is in it and the teacher is the cutest! I am so happy with the switch. We went through exercises that my previous teacher had thrown us into on Day 1 so it was an easy lesson.

The girls and I were done for the day and decided to explore Firenze for leather boots. We found a great store, tried on boots, and decided all of the pairs looked awkward. No purchases and I left disappointed. Apparently, in January and June (or maybe July..) there are the best sales around. We definitely will have to take advantage of this month seeing as it's already almost over. Upside of our adventure: tiramisu gelato!


After exploring, we all needed naps before our PSU final orientation. We got to the school on time for it and learned - again - how to be safe in the city. Don't worry mommy and daddy! Orientation was as expected: just more common sense and street smarts. Emily and I ditched the library tour almost immediately because it was time to start our first legitimate family dinner.

For only 1.5 Euro each, Chef Emily and Assistant Jess cooked parmigiana encrusted chicken and sauteed veggies. It was absolutely delicious!! I can't believe how cheap the market is. I may actually be able to get used to this after all.






With family dinner being such a huge success, we decided the night: Naima for of course happy hour and then to Red Garter, a bar where on Tuesday nights, there are beer pong tournaments. I know, how American.


Naima was a blast. We all got our usual drinks and I think that Sergio is really beginning to like us. We found out that his current girlfriend is a student from NYU who studied here last semester - how weird! That's too crazy for me. So Naima was great, the girls and I wanted to play games but without any cards or anything, the only thing to do is "Never Have I Ever" which turned out interesting enough.

Off to Red Garter, which is located just a couple blocks from our wonderful Naima. It was definitely a unique environment. Walking in, there is a bar immediately on your right and further back there is a stage for bands to play (on Thursday, there is a band covering DMB songs...woo!), and the beer pong tourney across from the stage. Above the tourney, there is a loft for sitting and chilling. We decided to sit and chill for a bit until the band saw us all singing along to KE$HA and waved us up onto the stage with him. KARAOKE IT IS! We rocked that stage so hard. But seriously.


Another successful night in Florence. I love it. However, I'm starting to feel the effects of going out every night. Wednesday night tonight, hmm, I'm not sure what's up for later but we will see.

Buongiorno!

No comments:

Post a Comment